Saturday, July 27, 2013

onederland!

This past week there was a scale victory, and non-scale victory.

Scale victory
I have entered onederland!  It took a lot, lot longer than I thought it would, but I really haven't done much to move the process along, so it was a surprise, and I am so freaking grateful.  It has also motivated me to be better about what I'm doing to lose this weight.

NSV
This week at my new school they had the top ten students (which I am one of, yay!) do interviews with one of the top agencies in Chicago.  We had to dress for the interview, obviously.  In the past this would've caused a lot of drama since usually nothing in my closet fits, and I hate shopping since there are no appropriate clothes in any store in all of Chicago that would fit.  I would've cried and contemplated quitting school and staying in bed forever.  But this week I had a few options right in my closet that fit perfectly.  These clothes still had their price tags on them since I'd never been able to wear them.  I ended up going with long black pants, and an Ann Taylor top and cardigan that I love but I have never been able to wear before.  I felt awesome.

A year ago at my other school, one of my teachers invited me to shadow him while he went on jobs.  This was quite an honor to be asked, but I stressed about it for a week before declining because I knew I would never find appropriate clothes in my size.  Also, I could barely walk.

Things are different now.

I think I'm going to buy these shoes since I can wear flats now without excruciating consequences.  They're plum colored!
 

 


1 comment: