Friday, February 17, 2017

I'm back

I'm back!  And I just figured out my password for this blog and was able to sign in. I found the below post in my drafts folder. I never posted it because it felt so negative, but it was the truth. I was very much on my own and I had a hard time finding support and I wasn't successful.

But I'm back now. Coming up on my four year sleeve-a-versary. A lot has happened, and there's a lot I want to do. I'm ready to get back on track.

I'll write a big update later, but for now I just wanted to officially check in.

                                       **********************
I'm not sure of the date of this post.


I haven't been focused on my weight at all. I've been focused on school and my speed classes and that's not doing me any good because there are three weeks left in the quarter and I'm not going to pass. I will have to repeat those classes. This isn't unusual in the court reporting world, but it's very frustrating to devote all my time, energy, and focus into moving forward and still not make any progress.

I went to my regular doctor this past week and he was very excited about my 55 lb loss, but I was like eh. It should be at least 75 lbs.  I've barely done anything in the last two months to better my health or stay away from crap food.

I've been seeing posts about people going for their six month check up, their nine month checkup. The last time i went to my surgeon's office was one month post-op and that's it.  So I called to see if I needed to do any follow up and they said after the one month they don't need to ever see me again, except maybe once a year, but that's up to me.  I was like, gee, thanks for caring.

I know I need to do this on my own, but a little support from the professionals in this field would be nice.  I really thought when I I have no motivation and I have a million questions about nutrition that I would like to ask.  I need to find a support group and maybe a nutritionist that specializes in bariatric.  I live near a major city so you'd think it wouldn't be this freaking hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment